By logging on, you acknowledge your understanding of the security, privacy, and secrecy requirements of the Australian Government, including obligations under Commonwealth legislation, and agree to comply with these obligations.
Your access and use of Australian Government information communication technology systems will be monitored and recorded. Any evidence of suspected misuse may be used in criminal and/or disciplinary proceedings against you, which may result in termination of your employment or other sanctions.
Misuse may include, but is not limited to:
• Unauthorised access to information or customer data
• Sending emails marked as “Unclassified” to external addresses that contain customer data or departmental sensitive information
• Accessing inappropriate content or websites
• Emailing inappropriate content or images to colleagues
• Inappropriate use of instant messaging systems provided by the department (e.g. Lync, Skype for Business).
If you have any doubt about your responsibilities in the relation to the Australian Government’s security, privacy, or confidentiality requirements, you are required to contact your Human Resources area or your immediate supervisor.